Wednesday 11 August 2010

Knowing Love?

Recently I have been on the job hunt, and had some interviews, good discussions and conversations about possible employment. All things that should bring me encouragement. However, alas, the further I go the more discouraged I get.

The long drawn out waiting on God is almost at a point of being unbearable. I wait, yet still there is no blessing. I pray and the Heavens remain silent. I cry to Abba, and the voice of support booms no response.

I understand that I live a very blessed country, full of food and treasures of various worldly natures. To this end I believe I am grateful.

David Pickard, an OMF missionary came to speak about East Asian Cultures today, to which I might add was great. However the phase he said that struck me most, was no about Asia. It was about the "realness" of the Gospel of God.

Is it real? Does it work? These were the questions people in Thailand were asking and I think its a question many ask about God and his word/gospel.
Does it work?

He told many stories of God's power working in Asia and wonderful miracles happening all over the place! This was a delight and it got me thinking about the UK and little old me.

Does it work here?

With this job hunt, I've been facing many horrible times of despair and grief in my unemployment and even questioned my purpose, or use in this world.

But...one thing remains, a truth that I believe proves the Gospel works.

I am convinced of the Love of God, through Christ, and that God Our Father loves me as much as he Loves the Son of God. If this is true, then the plan and purpose of my life is one destined and controlled by the Fatherheart Love of God.

I may not been in as much pain as Jesus when he cried "Abba Father", but if Our Father let Jesus go through that because of his Love, then why should my life be any different. Granted, Jesus was going to suffer the Wrath of God for the world on the Cross, but still it was because of Love.

Therefore no matter what we go through, no matter the silence of Heaven we encounter, no matter what suffering and trials we face, we know that the Love of God as Father in Christ will be our greatest Joy, both here and in Eternity.

Without the Gospel my despair could be without hope, yet because of the Gospel it is with Glorious Hope and Assurance of Knowing God as Father and his infinite Love for me!

The Gospel Works!

The God who declares himself the "Great I AM" has my life in his hands!

No comments:

Post a Comment