Wednesday 31 March 2010

Blind Side



The Blind Side, I would say is this years smash Hit! Its is that good. I loved the film and saw it twice. Lets have a little look at it.
Firstly I would like to quote a friend. When we walked out the Cinema, I asked the standard question about liking the film. She said "It was good to see a film with the Christians being portrayed as normal". What a great quote. I'm not starting a discussion on whether that should be so or what, but the baseline statement is true. Christians are generally portrayed in poor light. Not always but sometimes.....
Yet however the film did have some funny moments, with at one time Bullock offering Micheal, the guy she offered a place to sleep a bedroom. Also how she had to find a room. This is funny for one reason in that she lived a massive mansion, with two kids? How hard can it be?
The film is based on a true story, with a family taking a young black boy from the slums into their home to live and eventually become part of their family. This idea is just what Jesus spoke of in his parable of the Sheep and Goats.
"Come, blessed of my Father, inherit the Kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world; for I was hungry, and you gave me food to eat. I was thirsty, and you gave me drink. I was a stranger, and you took me in. I was naked, and you clothed me. I was sick, and you visited me. I was in prison, and you came to me."
Should we be living a more outrageous love style to our fellow man? Or is this too extreme?
We don't know the motives of the women(Bullock), but whatever the reasons are; at the end of the film, she says that she has God to thank for him and what he did to her and her family. I'm sure that her Christian Faith had something to do with it. I think though the film shed this fact in a good and positive light, but perhaps more emphasis would be good?
The film was a classic feel good film, based on a true story. I would hugely recommend it. 8/10

No comments:

Post a Comment